Monday, December 3, 2018

Blog Post 8: The Initial Proposal

The proposal was a crucial step in planning both of my adverts as it set a basis for the story of them. This allowed me add in certain conventions of the genre after it so it would be able to appeal to a wider audience. I brainstormed my initial ideas in order to get the basic proposal. I linked my unique selling point to potential ideas, which helped me develop them.

From the brief I knew the target audience was unisex 16-25 year olds. To meet this requirement I planned my actors to reflect this by making teens the main characters in both adverts, with both males and females represented. The target audience also had to be in a defined geographical region. Therefore i used common, recognisable settings such as a public park and town streets. The brief also states that the adverts should use techniques such as humour to engage the target audience. I took inspiration from the 'Balti Rocks' advert by Just Eat where the humour is created through weird costumes as well as humorous scenes after the last title card (which i included in both adverts). In both of my adverts I planned for this to happen in order for the adverts to be memorable and to emotionally appeal to the audience. Both of my adverts have synergy by using the same tagline. I therefore planned out a tagline that properly reflected my unique selling point, and I came up with 'Your Food Your Way'. I was then able to incorporate this into my end card in both of my adverts when editing them. 

Advert 1:
A boy walks into the room angrily because he didn't get his job but his girlfriend cheers him up by ordering Your Food. When it arrives the delivery driver is dressed up as a Wookie which brings joy to the boy.

Advert 2:
A mother needs food quickly because her son is coming home with friends. Because she has no food in the fridge she orders from Your Food so that she can get it quickly. Then the advert shows the delivery man quickly running through the park to deliver the food as fast as possible. The food arrives before the people get home and they are shocked at how fast it arrives 

The adverts that inspired my initial proposals are:
Just Eat (Magic Is Real) due to the focus on the delivery drivers 
Just Eat (Balti Rocks) because of how they show the characters dressed up

This was beneficial to my project as it set a clear direction for the project, so I would be able to start working on the details of it after to increase the quality of it. This basic framework contributed massively towards the initial planning process and allowed me to move forward in the design of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment